Friday, April 29, 2016

Cutting of First Parts

Today I used the CNC router table to cut Last-A-Foam for the first time. That Last-A-Foam makes a lot of dust when sanded or machined. Thank goodness for the dust boot and the vacuum hose, which handled 99.9% of the resulting fine particle waste. The whole cutting job was done in about 15 minutes.

I also micro'ed another set of panels together so that they would be ready to go tomorrow.  I micro'ed them using a different technique than I used yesterday, which was to use a stir stick as a spreader and apply the micro 'bagel and cream cheese' style.

This time I put the micro in a ziplock bag and, after moving the micro to the bottom of the bag with a stir stick (toothpaste-style), I cut out the corner of the bag to make it into a piping bag. It worked quite well as I was able to run a neat bead along the edge of a sheet before mating it to the adjoining sheet.


 

Time Spent Today: 1.0 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment